POSITION: Legal Aid Service of Northeastern Minnesota (LASNEM) seeks a part time attorney for its Self Help program. This position is located at the St. Louis County Law Library in Hibbing , Minnesota two days per week, and in the Virginia, Minnesota Law Library for two days per week.
To provide the following services to members of the public:
- Assist pro se litigants in completing and filing forms
- Provide information about the law, court procedures and court practices
- Make referrals to sources of legal assistance
- Conduct community legal education programs and clinics
- Provide other information and services in accordance with Minnesota Rule of Practice for District Courts 110, governing Self Help programs.
- Maintain the law library collection.
QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants must be licensed to practice law in Minnesota, and have at least 3 years experience with a strong background in family law. Applicants must also have: 1) demonstrated interest in and commitment to the needs of low-income clients; and 2) excellent communication, analytical, and writing skills. Diverse economic, social, or cultural experiences are a plus.
APPLICATIONS: Cover letter and resume should be submitted by March 31, 2014, to:
Olcott Plaza, Suite 200
Virginia, MN 55792
Or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications accepted until position is filled. No calls please.
LASNEM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.